[Advaita-l] BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

Vishy vishy1962 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 22:50:25 CST 2007

Rizviji

  Those are all means, I feel. It depend on person and differs from person to person. The starting point of everyone wont be same, all these could be requiered for the beginner, where as nothing much need for person of raman's stature.
  For instance, your religion says five times prayer/fasting etc. Dont you feel those are for beginners with unstudy and unclean mind and meant for cleansing yourself (ofcourse the false self). Only after such cleaning you understand the falsehood of that self and would be able to drop amd once you drop that you are home.

  In that way , Buddhism and Taoism looks much simpler to understand, but at the same time almost impossible for layman to follow.

  This is how I understand and see things, my friend

  Vishwanath

asad mustafa <asad.mustafa at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
  In the name of God, most gracious, most merciful.

Just a curiosity.

Ramana Maharishi says that as you start enquiring into
the nature of self, it vanishes. And the real non-dual
Self starts shining in its place. The path to this
realization is self-enquiry. Where is the need for
technical exegesis of scriptures?

Jazakallah
Asad Mustafa Rizvi

For assistance, contact: