[Advaita-l] Is advaita atheistc?

Krishnamurthy Ramakrishna puttakrishna at verizon.net
Sat Feb 17 19:02:58 CST 2007

Asad Mustafa Rizvi ji;

advaita vEdAnta says " There is only God ";That is what the
non-duality means. So where is the question
of any doubt about its theism???
vEda refers to the Karma (righteous divine actions). vEdAnta
refers to the knowledge(of Brahman). vEda could be
polytheistic or monotheistic only from the perspective of the
individual. Even here there is only (one) God; Other Gods are
appointed positions for the management of this universe, in
recognition of their righteous divine karma. These Gods represent
that only God.

K. Ramakrishna.