[Advaita-l] Advaita vEdAnta - Unit (9)

Krishnamurthy Ramakrishna puttakrishna at verizon.net
Tue Jan 30 10:26:31 CST 2007

Ravishankar Venkatraman wrote as follows on
Friday, January 26, 2007

Sri.Krishnamurthy ji,

You are doing a wonderful job. I am sure that all readers are enjoying these

posts.

Can you mention here how the view of creation mentioned in Advaitic context
differs from other schools of Vedanta (visishitadvaita and dvaita)?

Though I know that it could be viewed as a digression, I am asking this as
you already have made comparisons with other schools. This would really help

in understanding the nuances within Vedanta better.

Thanks,
Ravi

praNAms Ravi ji.
Thanks for the message. Comparisons with other schools has been
included in the commentaries on BrahmasUtra by Shankara. These were
generally the systems pre-existing to the advaita philosophy. The
visishitadvaita and dvaita schools have come into existence after
Shankara. Though this is not the reason to not present them here, it
is inevitable that such a presentation will generate a chain of
discussion, that the list moderators may consider outside the scope of
this group. Should the list moderators consider some discussion is relevant,
I would be happy to present them in this forum.

Hari OM
K. Ramakrishna.