[Advaita-l] Is vairAgya/renunciation a result of glumness??

srirudra at vsnl.com srirudra at vsnl.com
Tue Jul 24 22:01:58 CDT 2007

Dear Members
Yes it is true that a shock results in deep thought about what exactly is
life.But soon we forget and carry on with our routines.King Ashoka comes to
my mind when he vowed that he will not indulge in another war after the
Kalinga war in which he was victorious.His vairagya came after a success and
he embraced Budhdhism.My point is one should be truly
get affected eitherby a sad event or a happy one  and set out to seek remedy
IMMEDIATELY.All life stories of
great people only indicates this aspect.They never waited for an opportune
moment to get vairagya.It was spontaneous.
R.Krishnamoorthy.