[Advaita-l] What were the other vedantic schools in Sankara'stime?

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 07:57:42 CDT 2007

No, it's good. I'll certainly try my best not be sarcastic. And I
believe I have not posted more than a few sarcastic mails, and
certainly none in the recent past. But I hope at least some will
understand that there is no "arrogance". Note that just because I
criticize the theories of SSS, and quite severely at that, it does not
make me arrogant. The Holenarsipur seem to think they can implicitly
or explicitly criticize the tradition, and when it comes to SSS,
everyone should genuflect. That's not fair.

As for Anand, pretty much all us old net users know his scholarship,
devotion and also his remarkable patience and politeness. The readers
of alt.hindu and soc.religion.hindu know how patiently he dealt with
even the most severe Hare Krishna followers.

Rama