[Advaita-l] jnAna-vijnAna, gradations in Atma jnAna, superior-inferior jnAna nishTa etc. etc. PART-I

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 21:06:36 CST 2007

The full quote is:

"H.H. Chandrasekhara Bharati Mahaswamigal of Sringeri has himself
admitted to gradations in the establishment of Atmajnana. Therefore,
by arguing against it, SSS is aligning himself directly against the
Sringeri Math.

I must point out that this list firmly stands by the Sringeri Math
when it comes to understanding Sankara's doctrine."

The context in which I said the above was -- SSS's ideas are
contradicting Sringeri Math teachings. I think it is safe to say that
this list will side with the latter. I got this idea from the list
charter at:

---
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/lists/welcome.txt

1. Goals of the List
--------------------
The purpose of Advaita-L is to discuss advaita-vedAnta as taught by
SrI Sankara and the smArta sampradAya.  Through these discussions,
we hope to increase the understanding of our dharma from a
traditional
stand point, which the shankara maTha-s uphold right from the time of
their inception.
---

Note the terms "sampradAya" and "shankara maTha-s".

Regards,
Kartik