[Advaita-l] Pramanas - Sruti vs. Anubhava

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 04:32:39 CDT 2007

Dear Sri Kathirasan

Per Sri Ramakrishnan's mail, the anubhava which has been conferred the 'kingpin' status by Swamiji is a means of understanding vedas, and is not the general pramANa, pratyaksha. That clears the whole issue.

And, to correct my earlier statement, it is not so much that Sri Ramakrishnan had incorrectly presented Swamiji's views as I had incorrectly understood Sri Ramakrishnan's presentation.

Regards
Senani