[Advaita-l] Advaita vEdAnta - Unit (25)

Krishnamurthy Ramakrishna puttakrishna at verizon.net
Wed May 9 17:25:18 CDT 2007

Good Conclusion! Congratulations.

-----Original Message-----
From: advaita-l-bounces at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
[mailto:advaita-l-bounces at lists.advaita-vedanta.org] On Behalf Of S
Jayanarayanan
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:20 PM
To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Advaita vEdAnta - Unit (25)

--- Krishnamurthy Ramakrishna <puttakrishna at verizon.net> wrote:

[..]

> bhAvarUpa and abhAvarUpa demarks what "is" and what "is not". The
> simplest
> way to understand is, in advaita only Brahman "is" and everything
> else
> "is not". This obviously includes ajnyAna also; so it is abhavarUpa
> (Not
> Real).

>From your statements above:

1) Brahman ALONE is bhAvarUpa. Everything else is abhAvarUpa.
2) avidyA is abhAvarUpa.

But you also said in your posting:

"That is why it was said that adhyAsa - awareness (he is boby,
intellect etc.) in ajnyAna - is bhAvarupa."

Therefore, you also accept:

3) adhyAsa is bhAvarUpa.

>From statements 1) and 3):

  ADHYASA IS BRAHMAN.

Thank you for so beautifully illustrating the key concepts of advaita
VedAnta for all of us!

Regards,
Kartik