[Advaita-l] Fwd: SSS, avidyA, shrI Ramakrishnan

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 22:45:22 CDT 2007

Rama wrote:

>It is insulting, to say the least. No amounts of praNaams, or appelllations
>of shrI before my name >can substitute for this outright insult.

I have been observing how certain people resort to personal attacks under
the garb of showing respect. Instead of "flaming", familiar to discussion
group members, which is openly hostile and insulting, this trick of masking
the personal attack with apparent respect, conveyed by words such as
praNAms, prubhuji, etc., has been perfected by some.

There is an exact oppposite technique used in Sanskrit literature called the
nindA-stuti. Here, often God or an indifferent lover, is subjected to
nindA-stuti. On the surface, the words indicate censure (nindA), but the
deeper meaning is actually a prayer or praise (stuti).

However, some in this list prefer to use "stuti-nindA."

Anand