[Advaita-l] Attack on Adi Sankara-by Dvaitins-what has been done to resolve this?

sivaramakrishnan muthuswamy muthushiv at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 19:39:47 CST 2007

Thanks for the nice email Vidyashankarji.  I was also constantly hampered by this problem mainly from Hare Krishna's who has this lame website where all the dwaita criticisms are posted.  A rooki of that group basically uses those resources to attack Advaitins.  Those who respect Advaita but not well versed in logics encounter problem -emotional).  Week ones give up to them while strong ones shine.    Advaitins periodically has been recording answers for the Dwaita criticisms eg., Advaita siddhi of Madhusudhana Saraswati (Ref: http://www.advaitasiddhi.org).  In my personal experience this approach not only helps us in equipping a deep understanding on our philosophy but also helps us to answer those criticisms on the spot - in an elegant fashion.  I also use contemporary examples in dealing the situation.   Please be familiar with Saiva Siddantha (old school - which is some what similar to dwaita philosophy)(the current version is mix of old school and
 advaita concepts - in my understanding which is very small).   Its antiquity counteracts the Vaishnavas.  By bringing this fourth, we can basically argue that Vaishnava concept is not as unique as they thought as Saiva schools also has the similar approach (which is true in a way).  Both Sri Vaishnava as well as Saiva school traces their origin to Tantric schools while Advaitins purely argue on Vedic origin and logics (to some extent from Mahayana sect of buddist school).   If I come across more information on this subject I will post

Siva Muthuswamy