[Advaita-l] Madhusudana Saraswati's bhagavadbhaktirasAyana

NARAYANA MURTHY malahanikareswara at yahoo.co.in
Thu Sep 6 06:51:37 CDT 2007

Shri Murali mahaSaya

  namaskaram

  eagerly awaiting your posts on bhagavadbakthirasAyana of shri Madhusudana Saraswati swaminaH.

  On hearing the name of Shri MS, when one remembers "Advaitasidhi" one also remembers the famous verse :

  vamSI vibhushitakarAt navanIradAbhAt pItambarAt arunabimbapalAdahroshtAth
  pUrnendu sundaramukAt aravinda netrAt krushnAtparam kimapitatvamaham najAne II

  SishtAs say that everlasting Bhagavdvirahakanksha is the essence of krishna bhakthi irrespective of the bhAvam.

  if I may say so, shri MS life and works may be a pointer to the fact that there need not be virodabasam between krishna bakthi and advaita.

  the suffix "rasAyana" ofcourse reminds me  of another work with the same suffix by Shri BhagavannAma bodendrAl, again in advaita sampradAya. BhagavannAma rasAyana (or Bhagavan nAmAmrutha rasAyana).

  Jayathu Jayathu nithyam Sankaro deSikendro
  Jayathu Jayathu nithyam SAradA S bhIshtadAtri