[Advaita-l] Self realization

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 00:35:13 CDT 2008

Namaste Marko,

Thanks for your taking tough stand of some list members including
myself in good spirit - all this was in the interest of maintaining the
established standard of this list.

Now coming to flower being self realized.
The essence of every manifest being is brahman. There is no denying
this fact. However the veil of avidya differs in every being. Experiencing
the truth without realizing it is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from
knowing the truth and experiencing it.

Every manifest being gets to experience the truth at various occasions
but few realize it. Flower certainly does not realize the truth when it is
experiencing aspects of it.
(It is a different matter that a yogi can associate himself with a flower and
experience the aspects of the truth that the flower experiences and also
realize these aspects).

Regards,
Shrinivas

"The flower is self-realized" was meant to be more like a short poem. Its
meaning is that no conditions are there to be self-realized. You and the
flower  are Brahman regardless of the ability to think or know something.
Like any other thing thoughts and knowledge are Brahman too. So where is the
question to realize Brahman if there is no other thing or entity there
except Him?
To everybody:
I am happy to write again, and I am sorry I was rude this morning!