[Advaita-l] varNAsharama system at the time of shankara

latha vidyaranya lathavidya at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 4 01:22:43 CDT 2008

hari om
namaste

those were very soothing, balm like words. i understand stree-s are a privileged class who are extended many concessions by our vedas. but it does prick a little to read words like, "jantoonaam narajanma durlabham, thathaapi pumstvam, tato viprataa.......", but immediately it heals when we go to the next stanza "durlabham trayametat daivaanugraha hetukam   manushyatvam (not purusha or stree in particular), mumukshutvam mahaapurusha samshrayam"

so here is manushyattva, mumukshuttva and mahapurushas in the form of List members.......... who can stop me ?  :))

namaste