[Advaita-l] moxa

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 00:34:36 CDT 2008

Dear Sri Kris
Let us say you live in India and owe allegiance to the Indian constitution; there are a number of laws which are not right. What do you think is the right thing? One choice is to bring pressure on your elected representative to change the idiotic law (which in India is about as difficult as being elected oneself), or to ignore the law and live as per your own judgement. The latter, taken to its logical conclusion, leads to anarchy. The former is indeed difficult, but if you have to address the question and not run away from it, is there another way?
Similarly with Dharma in general.
The truly great rise above revolt to lead the entire nation along the right path. The challenge is to be a leader not to be anarchist. If one is incapable of being a leader, one should first acknowledge that than say that the law is an ass. This is less personal more technical in terms of application of law or dharma. Kindly do not take it personally. Much before lecturing anybody else, the expectation of being a leader should apply to myself, and I don't come anywhere near that.
Regards
Senani