[Advaita-l] HOW TO REACH A PURE MIND

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Mar 12 08:54:25 CDT 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Oscar Farias wrote:

> How can we reach a mental state in order that our mind can reflect *sAkshI
> chaitanya *in Its original purity, that is, without any kind of disturbance
> or imperfections?

By systematically removing false knowledge (avidya) ranging from mundane
errors upto the delusion that there is an 'I' seperate from Brahman.

> Do you know where can I find a English translation of Vedanta ParibhASha
> of Dharmaraja Adhvarindra. I searched on the Internet, but I have found
> only in Sanskrit and Telugu, but unfortunately I didnĀ“t know these
> languages. My bests, Oscar

Swami Madhavananda of the Ramakrishna Mission translated it in 1954.
There have been many editions since then  and it should be available at
any local branch of the mission or from any online bookseller.

There is also a (better IMO) translation by S.S. Suryanarayana Shastri
which was published by the Adyar Library in 1971.  Unfortunately it is out
of print.