[Advaita-l] Re] HOW TO REACH A PURE MIND

RAMESH RAMANAN rameshramanan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 04:13:39 CDT 2008

Dear Oscar farias - Pranams,.

The Sri Ramakrishna Math has published a very good English Translation of Vedanta Paribhasha along with the Sanskrit Text. Pranams, Ramesh

  kuntimaddi sadananda <kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Shree Oscar farias - PraNAms.

Shree Jaldhar H. Vyas has addressed about the availability of the book with English
Traslation. I must say however that it is very difficult to understand both the
original as well as the English translation.

About purification of the mind - The most efficient way of purifying the mind is by
Karma yoga - that is the yoga of action - The 3rd Ch. of Gita talks about it. I
wrote about 6 posts as series last year on Karma yoga. You may be able to down load
from archieves of advatiaL. If you cannot let me know by private mail, I should be
able to send it you.

Hari Om!
Sadananda

--- Oscar Farias wrote:

> Dear DR. K. SADANANDA,
> I have a question related to your comments on Vedanta ParibhASha of
> Dharmaraja Adhvarindra - (9. Perceptuality of Objects; Definition
> vindicated).
> How can we reach a mental state in order that our mind can reflect *sAkshI
> chaitanya *in Its original purity, that is, without any kind of disturbance
> or imperfections?
>
> Do you know where can I find a English translation of Vedanta ParibhASha of
> Dharmaraja Adhvarindra. I searched on the Internet, but I have found only in
> Sanskrit and Telugu, but unfortunately I didn´t know these languages.
> My bests,
> Oscar
>
> --
> Oscar Luiz Monteiro de Farias, D.Sc.
> Professor Adjunto
> Departamento de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
> Programa de Pós-Graduação em Engenharia de Computação
> área de concentração Geomática
> Universidade do Estado do Rio de janeiro - UERJ
> tel: +55 21 2587-7261
> fax: +55 21 2587-7374
> e-mail: fariasol at eng.uerj.br
> fariasol at gmail.com