[Advaita-l] Discussion on pratitya-samutpada

Ananta Bhagwat ananta14 at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 03:10:44 CDT 2008

jnAna-dAtA sukhi bhava!

ananta

----- Original Message ----
From: "srikanta at nie.ac.in" <srikanta at nie.ac.in>
To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sent: Friday, May 2, 2008 12:32:32 PM
Subject: [Advaita-l] Discussion on pratitya-samutpada

Tio
Sri.Anant Bhagawath
I have explained sufficiently the development of different branches of
Buddhism.If you want suffcient proof about my statement you may refer to
"sarvadarshan sangraha'by Vidyaranya where he has in detail explained how
the different schools of Buddhism,especially Yogachara and madhyamaka
views are in opposition to each other.
You may study in detail carefully the Gaudapada karikas,from the Ist
prakarana,the Agama prakarana,the Iind Vaithathya prakarana,IIIrd the
adwaitha prakarana and the IV th the Alatashanti prakarana.I did not say
that either Buddhism or Gaudapada influenced each other,but that we can
see clearly that what Gaudapada is explaining in his karikas is Adwaitha
and not Buddhism as is generally held.That is all.
                                                         N.Srikanta.

For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org