[Advaita-l] Discussion on evolution of Vedanta from Shankara

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu May 15 05:38:24 CDT 2008

The epithet,Vedanta is another name for Adwaita(vedanta means which
is at the end of the vedas as conclusion)and in the earlier days the term
Vedanta was referred to Adwaita only.Other schools which came later are
also called by the term Vedanta is due to the mistake of the modern day
scholars who have failed to understand Vedanta(Adwaita) in its true
"sampradayic"fashion.

praNAms Sri Srikanta prabhuji ( is it shree kAnta -nArAyaNa or shreekanTa -
shiva?? just curious:-))
Hare Krishna

Being an advaitin, I whole heartedly agree with your above conclusion
prabhuji...Yes, for us vEdAnta and advaita are synonymus words..But dont
you think even dualistic schools also claiming this authority with same
degree of confidence that too by trying to kick the sand on the face of
advaita vEdAnta :-))  I dont say, they are right..but when it comes to the
claim of  *true saMpradAya*, they too think that they  have their own track
to race :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar