[Advaita-l] The Evolution of Advaita from Sankara till Date

Praveen bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat May 17 11:48:42 CDT 2008

praNAm all.

Hari Om, Sivaramakrishnan-ji,

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM, sivaramakrishnan muthuswamy
<muthushiv at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As praveenji mentioned somewhere, sankalpa makes the most important aspect in obtaining jnana.

A clarification: I mentioned that about karma kANDa rituals, not
jnAna! In fact, saMkalpa is a desire
that is necessary to produce phala from a ritual, but it means a
hurdle for jnAna.

 > Sadasiva Brhmendra, Sri Ramana Maharish are some of the most recent
contemporaries who
obtained jnana without going to the forest.  In the case of Sri Ramana
Maharishi the jnana was so
instantaneous he never had time to even do sankalpa.

A small comment about Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi: its well-known that he
left everything and
went to the forests. (Arunachala) Whether he did that before he became
a jnAni or later, it still holds
a lot of weight.

ramaNArpaNamastu,
--praveen