[Advaita-l] The Evolution of Advaita from Sankara till Date

srirudra at vsnl.com srirudra at vsnl.com
Sun May 18 06:02:34 CDT 2008

Dear learners of Advaita
Ithink what is the necessity to drag in Swamy Vivekananda as to whether he is a true advaitin or not when he has
never said that he is an advaitin.True he was a true disciple of Sri Ramakrishna paramahamsa who is regarded as a
advaitin .Advaita was taken out from Vedas and Upanishads by AdiSankara as He had faith in the Vedas and He
wanted to establish that Brahman is verily there and there is nothing except Brahman.He used reasoning to say that
His faith is not a blind one.The latter Acharyas tried in their ownway to further make easy His Bhashyams and in that
process perhaps some dilutions might have occurred.But the core philosophy remains intact is my opinion.So let us
not discuss who is a true advaitin and all that.It is only digressing the subject on hand.R.Krishnamoorthy.