[Advaita-l] kamya karma

latha vidyaranya lathavidya at yahoo.co.in
Mon Nov 3 00:52:03 CST 2008

hari om
namaste

let not the List members look down upon the kaamya karmas. there are many who are so drowned inside the samsaara and are not even aware of the existence of an advitiiya aatma, who go after performing various kaamya karmas to fulfil their desires and to keep the obstacles away. they will only get entangled more and more into the samsaara. but that is their position in this evolution of the jiiva towards brahma and we can only give them a wake-up call. but accepting or rejecting the call is their take. when the great king dasharatha himself can perform putrakaameshti yaaga, desiring an heir to the throne, what can we say about ordinary mortals who are struggling day in and day out to eke out a living. kaamya karmas within the framework of dharma are ok and not to be looked down upon. the wearer knows where the shoe pinches and we need to only empathise.

namaste