[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Ram V

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sat Nov 22 15:45:36 CST 2008

Namaskarams,

I am very intersted in knowing about vedas in paritcular about the
Upanishads. I have been a disciple of Sri Swami Paramarthananda, and have
listened to many of his tape-recorded lectures on vedas and upanishads. I
had the great opportunity to see him and talk to him when I visited India 2
years back.

I live currently in SJC and keep listening to his audio recordings from the
web-site (Satraprakash). I am also trying to teach my sons (elder is 5 years
old and younger is around 2 years) our religious values and sastras, and I
myself found lacking the knowledge on several aspsects. I think this forum
could be one of the avenues for me to clarify my own doubts, so that I can
impart that knowledge to my sons.

I have also read several books written my many scholars (Tamil/English) and
in particular the "excerpts of talks delivered by Paramacharya"  where he
expounds on our Sanatana Dharma (I don't want to name this as "HINDU"
religion any more and that is what I say to my sons).

I have had a chance to read through your archives regularly and would like
to really participate in dicussions. Hence I request you to grant me access
to this list. Please let me know if you need further information.

Namaskarams
Ram