[Advaita-l] Sankara Mutt: maThAmnAya and mahAnuSAsana texts

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:50:37 CDT 2008

Namaste,

To my knowledge these regulations and procedures were prepared  at the
very beginning of the establishment of the four Mathas, so as to
provide guidelines to choose the future
Sankaracharyas, to provide procedures for their initiation and
installation and to provide guidance to them for discharge of their
duties. This may not mean that the Sankaracharyas did bot have any
leeway or freedom to act, considering their special situations.  But
Vidyasankarji may give us more details.

Regards,

Sunil K.Bhattacharjya