[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trivrtkarana (was Re: Dr Mani Dravid)

Sundaresan, Vidyasankar (GE Infra, Water) vidyasankar.sundaresan at ge.com
Tue Apr 14 11:56:40 CDT 2009

>but I humbly think it is too mundane
>an effort to stick to some numbers (three or five ) & establish the
same
>from shruti

That is precisely my point - it is futile to make an issue out of this
by
saying that Sruti only supports one scheme. I had made this point and
also other corollaries re: authorship in my published paper.

One of these corollaries is that one should not dismiss the attribution
of the text named pancIkaraNa to Sankara bhagavatpAda, by saying
that Sruti does not mention this process.

I will refrain from commenting upon below the belt attacks from any
quarter, in the context of debates within the vedAnta sampradAya-s.

Best regards,
Vidyasankar