[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trivrtkarana (analysis)

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Apr 15 07:22:49 CDT 2009

Namaste Dr. Yaduji,

Indeed, what is 'interpretation' but interpretation in time and situation ?

I have no wish to argue with 'Hindus of the text' since I have the greatest
respect for them and for their advice;

However I need to remind myself from time to time, that the Veda is truth
itself, living,available all the time to all men, and which cannot be
divided by any man; that the Chandogya is an unique 'anthology' of earlier
'conversations', so not to be tested for integrity of language; and that as
a purana of the SamaVeda, is primarily concerned, as it says at the very
commencement, with the sound of the udgitha throughout Creation..; thus as
sound requires akasha (at every level of understanding), from which proceeds
wayu.. the Chandogya must be of its very nature, panchikarana..

Michael