[Advaita-l] Advaita-l Digest, Vol 61, Issue 20

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 06:57:34 CDT 2009

I find it extremely disappointing to know that many of the 'brahmanas' of
this forum are stuck with the seculars ideas of who a brahmin or a sudhra is
on the basis of mere occupation instead of the guna that drives each person
(i.e. his body and mind) to enjoy and suffer his poorva karma.  The body and
mind made of the guna stuff become the vehicle for each to enjoy or suffer
(BOgam).  This intrinsic stuff is unalterable even when a person changes his
occupation.  (As Bhagavan Ramana said: You can do what you like but the
outcome will always be the same.) (Karthur aagnyayaa praapyathE phalam karma
kim param? karma thajjadam.)
Varnasrama dharma is eternal for it is god's creation.  It can decline but
not be destroyed.

Knower of this truth will be on the side of Dharma and will want it
reinstated.