[Advaita-l] Conference on that Date of Adi Sankaracharya inOctober, 2002

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 25 10:25:26 CST 2009

Dear Shri Rameshji,

You said as follows:

My personal opinion is that this stand is historically untenable. That Sankaracharya  lived sometime between 600-800 CE and the Buddha between 600-400 BCE is the most likely scenario.

What is the basis for your assertion? What do you think about the opinion of the Sringeri Math till the early twentieth century that Adi Sankaracharya was born in 44 BCE? What do you think about King  Sudhanva's copper inscription, which according to the Dwarka Math settles that date of adi sankaracharya inscription?

Sincerely,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya