[Advaita-l] Conference on that Date of Adi Sankaracharya in October, 2002

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 00:17:44 CST 2009

--- On Tue, 12/29/09, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> It is telling that other Maths such
> as those at Kanchi and Holenarsipur do
> not pass the above criteria.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Is it really necessary to question the integrity &
> credibility of  Kanchi
> & Holenarsipur traditions at this point of time!!

No one questioned the integrity or credibility of any Maths, certainly not me.

Vidyasankar mentioned that the Sringeri Math was "arguably the most authentic tradition". I gave my opinion of the criteria that can be used to decide on the title of "most authentic tradition", and why the Sringeri Math had a strong case for the title compared to the other Maths. In other words, since the "most authentic tradition" can be held by other Maths such as Kanchi and Holenarsipur, I pointed out that the Sringeri Math was the best choice for the title.

It is just that out of the three Maths that may compete for the title - Sringeri, Kanchi, Holenarsipur - the first one is most likely to hold the title of "most authentic tradition" (according to the criteria that I outlined).

I believe I kept myself completely within the discussion of the thread.