[Advaita-l] How to control the mind (without meditation)?

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 21:11:08 CST 2009

Dear Suresh,

Why do you try to view everything as illusion during waking state? I think that is the first problem. Rejecting waking state as illusion means rejecting valid evidence, which is wrong. With a wrong start you will never achieve a good end result.

Why should we control mind? After all mind is a resource, so we should use it better. Controlling is good only if the person excersizing the control is perfect. Otherwise there is no control at all.

Self control is better than mind control. There is an inner balance in every person called samana. We should try to gear up with that balance; that will show us the way.

Regards

Bhadraiah