[Advaita-l] How to control the mind (without meditation)?

Suresh mayavaadi at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 08:29:43 CST 2009

Thanks everyone for all your replies.

The reason I view everything as an illusion is because, Isn't that the right thing to do? I mean, that's what advaita is about? The world is mithya and all that? So I assumed that would be the right form of meditation.

In this connection, I'd also like to understand the role of deities here. Are they real, and if so, do they help us control our minds? If not, (if we have to do all the work ourselves), what's the point in believing/worshiping deities? Must they be abandoned as illusions too?

Regards,
Suresh