[Advaita-l] advaita vedanta, religion and science

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Mon Jan 12 10:27:42 CST 2009

Dear members
Religious practice without dogmatism certainly helps in getting clear understanding of the Advaitic philosophy which is based on Vedas.In my view religion is not at all an impediment but an enabling one to realise the Truth.SriRamana Maharishi`s advice to all westerners was to practice their respective religion.According to me religious practices help one to be disciplined and allow one to contemplate on the why of everything leading to enlightenment.R.Krishnamoorthy.