[Advaita-l] Gayatri?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jul 16 00:49:56 CDT 2009

Intiation into the savitri and the rest of the Veda takes place with
yajnopavita.  There is no provision in any shastra for women or shudras to

have yajnopavita.  Therefore they have no adhikara.

praNAms Sri Jaldhar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Can we stretch this and say shudra-s & stree-s donot have adhikAra to do
brahma jignAsa based on vedAnta vAkya-s??  If the answer is yes, then what
we have to say about maitreyi, gArgi & other women in veda-s??  Hope, this
is not heading towards a long chain of mails on 'vedAdhikAra'.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar