[Advaita-l] Gayatri?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jul 16 01:31:02 CDT 2009

Even the staunchest orthodox person will acknowledge that non-dvijas are
of the nature of
Brahman and can and do possess such qualities.  The question of adhikara
to recite vedanta vakyas is orthogonal.

praNAms Sri Jaldhar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for your clarifications...Kindly bear with my fussy nature
here..prabhuji.  Do you mean to say here those non-dvija-s who have enough
dhi shakti & viveka to do brahma jignAsa can do so through smruti & purANa
texts without taking the reference from  shruti-s/vedAnta??  Kindly let me
know, whether this vedAdhikAra restricted to ONLY recitation of veda
maNtra-s with 'svara-s' (intonations) or plain reading of the vedic text
itself??  Why I am asking this question is, some veda maNtra-s do appear
in smruti texts. for exmaple some of the kathopanishad maNtra-s appear in
smruti text geeta.  Can a non-dvija read these lines plainly, without any
svara-s and do manana on it prabhuji?? If the answer is yes, then we have
to say the restriction of vedAdhikAra specifically restricted to proper
recitation of veda maNtra-s with intonations.

HariHari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

PS : prabhuji, if you feel this discussion is outside the scope of list
policies, kindly let me know, I shall write to you directly.