[Advaita-l] Request to answer this question

Muralidhar Maddala muralidhar.maddala at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:51:37 CDT 2009

Namasthe all,

Which is a more appropriate way  for a vedantist to respond/behave while
dealing with pains / sufferings of others ?

Do they attribute the situation to law of karma, explain the hidden rational
and help the sufferer realise?  Or do they practise to consider this
suffering as aspect of maya and opt to move on with
a prayer to reduce/remove  the suffering ?  Or do they opt to own the
responsibility and "act" to reduce the suffering out of the unconditional
love ?  What are the guildlines on this as per the shashtras?
Thankyou,
Murali