[Advaita-l] Disccussion on Free-will

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:56:18 CDT 2009

Dear list members,

Do we really know our vidhi exactly?

Vidhi has two meanings. The first meaning is the current state of a being arising out of fate written by vidhAta. The second meaning is duty to be performed, nitya/naimittika vidhi.

As for fate, do we really out current GPS position in the universe? What anda, pinda and brahmanda we belong to, what kAla, and what is our current social situation completely, and internally do we know exactly what all is going on within ourselves down to micro-second time frame? There are just too many unknowns. If one knows all this, one qualifies for being a witness like Brahman.

The second meaning of vidhi is duty. One who knows one's own exact position within the universe knows the best action to be taken depending on that knowledge. Bhagwan Krishna thinks differently from a common man, because his will is the Brahman as per Ch.U.7.

For people who know only the limited collection of objects grass is always greener on the other side, so there is some limited action to be taken.

Regards

Bhadraiah