[Advaita-l] Adi Sankaracharya's bhashyas

Mahadevan Babu babunim at optushome.com.au
Fri Jun 26 23:02:06 CDT 2009

Dear Michaelji,
IMHO, under such conditions of limited scope to prove eitherway, I
believe the Shradha plays its important role - being " Guru VedAntha
VakyEshu VishvasaH ".

I just follow what my Acharyals says and that Pramanam is good enough.
I heard the same story a while ago, when a very learned scholar said
that he didn't believe Viveka Chudamani was written by Sri Adi
Shankara as well.

When H.H.Chandrashekara Bharathi Swamigal has written the commentary
for the above and affirms the author of Viveka Chudamani to Sri Adi
Shankara, I don't need any more authority (Pramanam).

Of course, sometimes it is very nice to transport oneself to the
framework of the author to get the real essence (Bhava) as well.

Regards

Dev Babu