[Advaita-l] Dr Mani Dravid

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 04:53:50 CDT 2009

Both the bhAmatI and vivaraNa are equally acceptable - sure each
school has it's own writers forcefully putting forth their points. But
Citsukha has clearly shown  that they are both equally acceptable -
depending on adhikArI-bheda-nyAya.

Furthermore, Sureshvara in his vArtikas on the upanishads does not
talk anything about pa~ncIkaraNa. As far as I know, this is not a
major point of controversy between the two different schools. The
vivaraNa tradition is largely based on Sureshvara's arguments about
avidyA - which go further than what Sankara himself explicitly says.
That's really the key difference. But as I said, this is not really an
issue if we apply the Anathakya kind of reasoning as used by Citsukha.

Rama