[Advaita-l] Disccussion on Free-will

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Sun May 24 06:01:58 CDT 2009

Maheshji

Here is one sensitive area on which Eat and West just might agree -- that
the illusion of freewill is given to man in order for him to recognise and
transcend illusion !

As for 'sentience' -- I suspect that the pandits would say that the corect
word is 'consciousness' and that a volcano 'acts' but is not by this,
conscious of its nature, nor its cause, nor its effects..thus does not
fulfil Samkya in revealing Truth..

Michael