[Advaita-l] waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 04:54:08 CST 2009

Dear Michael,

Can we say that during the night-dreaming the subconscious mind can act on a problem and that can give some indication of things going to happen in the future but in day-dreaming the sub-conscious mind would not act that freely. I understand that with training one can however train the sub-conscious mind to analyse problems even in the waking sate. Some executives light a cigarette and keep quiet fort a short while and leave the problem to the sub-conscious mind to analyse and by the time cigarette is half smoked the answers are ready. Some people believe like that. I too subscribe to that thinking to some extent though I do not smoke. Any comment?

Regards,

Sunil