[Advaita-l] waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 20:16:03 CDT 2009

Quote: "Would you agree that turiya/atman is closer to us than we pretend ?"

Oh! What a baffling question!

Who are these 'us'?  Do they exist?  By whose divine will?

*The Knower of the Self doesn't know non-self (because he sees everything as
his own self only).  *

Are you going to say the non-self exists but it is non-existant only for the
knower of the Self?!  Some people see 'thrill' in co-existence with
non-existence!  So there is a peddling of choices - be a non-knower and be
blessed with the company of many or be a Knower and lose them all!!?

Alas! there is no choice!  The knower of non-self doesn't know the Self (to
choose) (even if 'he' pretends to know!).

*Since there is nothing other than Aathman one cannot refuse or pretend to
be Aathman!*

If you ever ask the question: "Why do I see non-aathman?"  you could
consider the answer: "I want to see, so I have them."

*Did you realize that it is YOU who sanction the existence or otherwise of
the non-aathman?
*
What is difficult, nay impossible,  would be the denial of the Self.  What
is easy is the denial of the non-self.  You would refuse to accept this
statement only because of your abhimaanam for the non-self.  Nobody is
'born' with 'abhimaanam' for it is not one's nature to have abhimaanam  but
it is a cultivated one!

Yes sir, NONE IS BORN!