[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: waking, dreaming, sleeping, as mutually supportive

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 23 17:35:36 CDT 2009

Dear Anbuji,

I am against the view that God tests human beings as God as I understand  must be knowing how a human being is and he does not need to test. But a guru must test his prospective disciples before initiation. Now if a qualified guru had found a non-brahmin as qualified to be his disciple why you and me should worry. Noboby ever questioned when Satyakama was initiated. If we mean destiny as the consequence of pururushartha then don't you think that one must take into account what one did or did not do in this life as well. Actions of this life may give a particular adhikara to some one, who might not have had that adhikara by birth. Do you think it is logical. I await comments from you and the other scholars.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya