[Advaita-l] pradhanika rahasya - The mystery of the foundation

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 24 21:02:13 CDT 2009

Dear Anbuji,

To my knowledge the mantras can be recited in three ways, ie. (i) loudly,  (ii) in whisper or with movement of lips and (iii) silently. A mantra is most effective if said silently. However for the hearing of others, ie. for public good, the mantras may have to recited loudly on special occasions. However there are exceptions in some cases such as in some occult practices. where the mantra has to be recited loudly to become more effective..

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya