[Advaita-l] shudra

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 09:08:15 CDT 2009

Anbu,

I didn't say that atmaseva or atmajnana or atmanikshepa or atmavichara or
any other activity, sublates varnashrama. Though some among the greatest
might argue that. I'm not sufficiently versed to argue these fine points or
cavil over them. Any examples I might dream up (excuse the expression) as
the sages sometimes do to such effect, where buddhi calls for the 'higher'
act, would be poor things.

'A brahmin, a kshatriya, a vaisya and a sudra were drinking together in a
juice bar..when in came a wounded gangster...' -- I'll leave that one to the
storytellers..

What I might risk saying (on this site, a ton of sacred dungbricks might
descend...) is that varnashrama carried out in the constant memory of
ayamatmabrahma is probably carried out better !

(Anyone who 'has the workmen in' prefers a sudra with sacchidananda, right ?
I don't myself always live up to this..)

Michael ;-]