[Advaita-l] A matter for Adjudication

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 17:44:20 CDT 2010

--- On Fri, 4/9/10, savithri devaraj <savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here is one interested member's
> opinion -
>
> This is not a matter for adjudication - where loukika
> pramANa and vaidika pramANa have not helped, how can
> consensus help?
>
> Vedanta is to be directly and individually intuited from
> sruti and teacher, not based on consensus.

I cannot help but agree with the last statement above. Truth, especially Vedantic Truth, cannot be decided by "majority vote".

Besides, the "adjudication" process requires a great scholar who is competent, impartial and **acceptable to both parties involved in the debate**. I doubt if such a person exists on this list.

Regards,
Kartik