[Advaita-l] A vichAra on Swatantra & Paratantra (Independent & dependent Realities)

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Sun Apr 11 18:54:54 CDT 2010

El abr 11, 2010, a las 11:31 p.m., V Subrahmanian escribió:

> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Shrisha Rao <shrao at nyx.net> wrote:
>
>> However, the gumma, like the व्योमकमल, does not have any of the three types
>> of सत्ता -- it is an अत्यन्तासत् only, for it is not व्यावहारिक,
>> प्रातिभासिक, and of course not पारमार्थिक.
>>

> [ You are mistaken.  For the very reason it was able to create effects, it
> is bhAvarUpa; at least from the child's viewpoint. It  believes  it is
> there, it might harm me if I do not believe'. ]

I beg to differ, but it is not my role to teach you this in detail.  My only suggestion to anyone interested in this would be to approach a qualified teacher who has studied the Advaita-Siddhi, particularly the सत्तात्रैविद्ध्य section, and understand the proper definitions and analytical uses of व्यावहारिक, प्रातिभासिक, etc., from him.  For now, let us agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao