[Advaita-l] Brihadaranyaka Upanishad varitka book

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 08:38:57 CDT 2010

> Vidyasankar ji: Have you read the books by K. P. Jog and Shoun Hino?
> If so, can you please comment on the content. I'd like to know if
> their treatment is as exhaustive and clear as Sri Balasubramaniam's
> Taittiriya Upanishad vartika.

I have not read them in much detail, for want of time and ready access,
but I recently discovered that many of them are available for preview on
Google books, at least in a limited way.

http://books.google.com/books?ei=5uPYS9XQJsH98AblhJTcBQ&ct=result&q=suresvara+hino+jog&btnG=Search+Books

The discussion, from what I have read so far, is very extensive and scholarly.
I don't expect any less from a professor at Pune University and his Japanese
student, so I intend to get these myself. I have often felt the drawback of
not studying sureSvarAcArya's vArttika.

I haven't been able to locate an online version of TMP Mahadevan's book
on the sambandhavArttika.

Regards,

Vidyasankar