[Advaita-l] Hare Krsna & Advaita Vedanta

makwanakb at googlemail.com makwanakb at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 29 11:28:18 CDT 2010

Jai Sri Krsna,

Namaste Bhaskarji,

I have been a silent follower (more recently) of this forum and always am intrigued as to why you use 'hare krsna' as ur benedictory saying.

Don't get me wrong each to their own with due respect but I would like to understand the 'why' and reason for you using it.

If I'm not mistaken the 'hare krsna' saying is mainly used by those belonging to the gaudiya vaishnav sect influenced by caitanya mahaprabhu. However their philosophy does attempt (attempt being the key word) to belittle the advaita philosophy at any chance.

I think what I'm trying to get at is: the 'hare krsna' welcome is great and is accepted by all advaitins alike to us its just another name of salutations to each brethren but for the gaudiya movement the resistance towards to 'maya vada' is great. How are you influenced, if you at all are and marry the two which are in a continuing philosophical battle?

Hare krsna :)

Krunal
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange