[Advaita-l] definition and criteria of Truth

Guy Werlings werlings.guy at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 3 04:26:51 CDT 2010

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote on July 31th:

The bottom line is that after all falsehoods have been negated, what
remains -- Brahman, is truth.

I should be very thankful to get the exact Sanskrit wording for the above sentence.

BTW, for those interested in pure philosophic inquiry, it is interesting to note the difference between this definition of truth and the one prevalent in the West, at least from the French René Descartes who is considered as the "father of modern philosophy" and according to whom
"truth is what I can prove as being such" or in French
"la vérité est ce que je peux prouver comme étant telle. - adaptée de la Première méditation métaphysique."

dhanyavAdaH |
shubhAshiShaH ||
Guy