[Advaita-l] Knowledge, renunciation and varNASrama rules

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 22:59:20 CDT 2010

Namaste Sri Vidyasankara

Adi Sankara Bhashya  3 1.8

'Those whose conduct  has been good will quickly attain
some good birth, the birth of a Brahmana, or a Kshattriya,
or a Vaisya. But those whose conduct has been evil will
quickly attain an evil birth, the birth of a dog, or a hog, or
a Candala..'

He has made connection between good karma and Dvija janma. Bad conduct
means nondvija janma. Good conduct means dvija janma. Nondvijas must
wipe their sin. They can do good karma and get born as dvijas. Then
they get chance for Sanyasa. How can a non dvija with sin be eligible
for Sanyasa? If some Matha made non dvija Sanyasis it is very bad
political pressure in India. The country is ruled by Sudras and
Mlecchas worse than them. They are looting us.

Regards

-Venkatesh