[Advaita-l] Knowledge, renunciation and varNASrama rules

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:44:55 CDT 2010

> Read 3.4.38 in conjunction with 3.4.36 and 3.4.37. In 3.4.38, he only says
> "vidhurAdInAM" [***] which might lead you to believe that the discussion

I forgot to add an explanatory note with the word marked [***] in my last post.
The word used in the sUtrabhAshya here is vidhura, meaning one who is bereft,
desolate, widower. It is not vidura, the biological son of kRshNa dvaipAyana and
minister to the king in the epic mahAbhArata.

Thanks,
Vidyasankar